Welcome to Refugee Terminology!
This is a multilingual terminological knowledge base about the refugee crisis developed as an educational project within the framework of the 4EU+ Alliance, co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
The knowledge base covers more than 30 parallel terminological entries in five languages: English, Czech, German, Italian, and Polish. They were compiled on the basis of parallel corpora of normative and press texts.
Below, you will find links to lists of entries in the five languages as well as a list of all entries ordered according to the English headwords. You can also search for any entry using the search box.
- About Refugee TermiKnowledge
- Technical parameters of the corpora
- Student participants
Fleeing person >> to be merged with Refugee
- Princip nenavracení
- Grundsatz der Nichtzurückweisung
- Principio di non respingimento
- Zasada non-refoulement
Permit to remain / exceptional leave to remain
UNHCR (UN Refugee Agency)
- Úřad vysokého komisaře OSN pro uprchlíky
- Hohes Flüchtlingskommissariat der Vereinten Nationen
- Agenzia ONU per i Rifugiati
- Biuro Wysokiego Komisarza Narodów Zjednoczonych ds. Uchodźców